A position for a Software Engineer in Test is now open for a meticulously hard working engineer with a passion for quality assurance. Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices and platforms including Oculus, OpenXR, Magic Leap, and HoloLens, across Mobile, Desktop, and Consoles, coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. On the XR team we go bold while still maintaining a focus on quality over quantity.
For our customers to build immersive experiences, they need a reliable and stable game engine. As a QA Engineer in XR, you will engage with our developers and partners to test the latest XR platform features and experiences, and ensure quality from inception to sunset of a project. You will work with passionate engineers from all around the world to raise our quality bar and help deliver the features that have powered the most successful VR games! Your work will ensure that our customers can quickly integrate new XR technologies and easily deploy to a wide variety of platforms.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure that all new releases of Unity have a high quality bar for XR devices
- Develop new test suites and scenes within Unity
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Participate in manual and scenario testing efforts to find issues with functionality and customer experience
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Interact and communicate with external partners and be able to react to changing priorities
What we’re looking for
- You have existing experience as a QA Engineer, but you are looking to take the next step in your career by being responsible for a larger and more sophisticated project
- Experience with C# programming language (.Net Core)
- Prior experience using Unity is advantageous
- Experience working with mobile, desktop, or console platforms
You might also have
- Experience or interest in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Self-motivated and constantly looking to improve
- Ardent about customer experience and product quality
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to internal and external partners
- Comfortable working and presenting to an embedded QA team
- Passion for technology
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer in Test, XR position on WeChat