Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to enable content creators to harness the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Would you like to work on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine being freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without any repetitious drudgery.
As a Graphics Engineer at Unity working on shader systems such as Shader Graph, you will help build future generations of graphics technology. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them to empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences through our shader and material systems. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, the Book of the Dead, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from GDC 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018. Real or renderered? Real-time ray tracing. Introduction to the Lightweight Render Pipeline. Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph. Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph.
Stay tuned for even more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
- Invent, extend, and maintain shading features, workflows, and tools
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation and tests
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs
- Extend and improve project architecture with modular system designs
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team and work closely with technical artists to create highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Experience with C# and modern graphics shading languages (HLSL/GLSL/Metal/SPIR-V) on PC, mobile platforms or recent console architectures
- Computer Science degree and/or a degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- You’ve worked on AAA games as a graphics or tools programmer
- Modern graphics API knowledge (i.e. DX12, Vulkan, Metal)
- C++ Experience
- Experience with developing artist-facing tools and workflows, especially a shading system or node graph-based UI
- Data-driven design, architecture and cross-platform development experience (i.e. console, PC, mobile)
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Detailed knowledge of one or more modern CPU and GPU architectures
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively re-invest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Graphics Engineer (Shader Graph) position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!