In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on an outstanding scale. You will be doing what Google does on the web – only in games! What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-scale environment. We use Golang, NodeJS, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Big Table, NATS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes and much more! Stability, quality, and robustness of code is in the heart of Unity, as our advertising network reaches millions of gamers daily. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future.
Quality of service is paramount to our team as we are responsible for making sure that code is robustly tested to encourage incremental releases daily. Our model of continuous, multiple deployments on a daily basis, lets us move fast with small iterations validated by data.
We believe that if you have experience in building backend services with a quality driven attitude and the right mindset for learning new things, then you're the person we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop new and improving our existing services in our microservice architecture
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Active collaboration with the team and engagement to planning of the upcoming work.
What we’re looking for
- Good communication and collaboration skills. Our day to day work require our team to move forward as one unit.
- Strong programming skills. Our current primary language is Golang, but having a strong experience with Python, Rust, NodeJS or Scala, it won’t be a blocker.
- Good understanding on building scalable backend services.
- Experience with databases, for example MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra or BigTable.
You might also have
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language
- Experience on Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with distributed systems, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer, Delivery Targeting position on WeChat