As a Software Engineer at Unity Technologies, you will work with other engineers closely to push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will have the opportunity to implement new features in Unity Engine and Services or optimize current features in conjunction with our partners. As part of a complex, geographically distributed company you will have the opportunity to work with many different teams, in many different regions so it’s important that you enjoy meeting new people and are open to the possibility of traveling to visit our many office locations.
The Unity Genesis team provides the backend platform support for many teams throughout all of Unity Technologies. We have built and maintain the Subscription System, Asset Store, Licenses and Activation, the Connect Community, Unity Learn, etc. While the Licenses and Activation system is our immediate focus for the role you will potentially have the opportunity to work with all of our systems. Qualified candidates will have a passion for backend and full-stack development and will have experience working with modern server-side technologies (e.g., Java, Node.js) to help build and/or maintain revenue earning systems.
- Work with partners and teams to build core, scalable e-commerce system and services for Unity
- Develop new features according to team requirements and product specifications
- Assist in maintaining relevant system software, advise on how to improve current features or suggest new ones
- Apply architecture and technology choices that enable a world- class user experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge and experience of Java, C++, SQL, etc.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Foster a positive team environment by being open to feedback and by being highly self-motivated
- Driven to continuously learn
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, testers, and other developers
- Experiences Using Unity Editor
- Experiences in building the backend/infrastructure platform
- Experience with full stack development
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer, Backend position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!