Join Unity’s global Documentation team and help us take our award-winning docs to the next level for millions of Unity users worldwide. We’re looking for a talented student with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and a keen interest in developing world-class tools.
As part of Unity’s Engineering division, our growing Docs team works with colleagues across the world, from development teams, through to Support, Community, QA, Marketing, and User Experience. You’ll join a talented, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers, software developers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support an established community of developers and artists.
During this internship you'll be working on a project to support and develop our next generation documentation system, collaborating with a dedicated, globally distributed team to support, extend and improve our tooling for technical writers and developers across Unity worldwide.
This position is an 11 month paid internship, starting in summer 2021 and based in Brighton.
- Help develop frontend and backend code for a major service
- Help maintain, extend, release, and document the system
- Help review code quality, behaviour and performance
- Help with business analysis, requirements gathering and planning
- Support and investigate internal user queries about the systems
- Triage incoming work and manage your own tasks
- You are currently studying at university looking for a placement year
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming and more complicated language features like events and lambda statements
- Experience developing software with Git and GitHub
- Comfortable researching new subjects, and a desire to learn and be challenged
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of web technologies and service architecture
- Knowledge and experience of .NET ecosystem
- Knowledge and experience of Web APIs and HTTP development
- Ability to quickly craft scripts, for example in Python or Bash
- Familiarity with remote code execution and file management, for example SSH or FTP
Interest in developing skills such as product management and business analysis
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Development Intern - Documentation position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.