At Unity, Software Development Engineers in Test enable the teams to create code based testing solutions. We work as embedded testers, meaning that we are full, collaborative, members of feature teams. We are responsible for driving the quality culture on our teams as well as helping teams derive solutions for hard-to-test problems.
As an SDET, you’ll be working to enable developers and testers to do their best possible work by expanding and enabling the teams with testing and automation. This could include a variety of testing activities, in addition to updating or creating new frameworks, and developing tools which can help team members understand and gain quality footholds in the ever-changing world of software microservices Unity has implemented.
We believe testing is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow. We encourage collaboration, leadership, and mentorship.
- Collaborate with local team members as well as those distributed in other cities and countries
- Improve and develop testing processes for a continuous integration and deployment environment
- Support various teams on a day-to-day basis, helping to improve quality, recognize risks, and look for opportunities to improve test coverage
- Implement tools and processes for scalable testing solutions
- Mentor other team members on all kinds of testing techniques
- Proven experience in software development, devops, and/or automation
- Comfortable with compiled (Java, C#, etc.) and scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development and testing
- Passion for testing and software development and for solving hard problems with code
- Experience in setting up test infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS/GCP)
- Experience using docker, docker-compose and kubernetes
- Understanding of analytics and how they can play into testing practices
- Experience in various test automation frameworks like testng, pytest, junit etc and extending the frameworks for the feature testing
- Experience in system level, end-to-end, load, performance and integration testing
- Experience and advance knowledge in using CI process and any CI tools (Jenkins, Travis or similar)
- Must have high quality written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be a critical thinker, and have a keen eye for quality from an analytical perspective
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience with Golang
- Familiarity with game development engines or any game development experience, bonus if it’s mobile related
- Experience with pair development/testing, or mob development/testing
- Public Speaking and/or blog(s) about relevant topics
- Experience with or interest in diversity and inclusion
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Development Engineer, Test - Cloud Live Production position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!