The Systems Engineer will play an important role in the Core Developer Services group which provides Unity developers with the tools and services they need to build the creative technologies of the future.
You will be part of a small but growing team tasked with building and operating tools and infrastructure to support developers shape the future of gaming with Unity. You’ll get to work in a truly international and multicultural work environment full of highly driven professional colleagues. You’ll be a key part of building and maintaining the services to enable thousands of developers all over the world. Since we’re breaking new ground and building the future, you’ll also learn a lot and improve your skills along with the team.
Some travel may be required, and there will be opportunities to go to conferences.
- Develop and maintain highly scalable systems for complex test device and CI/CD platforms
- Help design and develop orchestration solutions for deployment and monitoring of services/systems
- Create and maintain developer documentation for the services/system that we develop and run
- Support internal developers globally, maintaining a friendly and helpful service-oriented mindset while on call
- Complete project tasks on time even as priorities shift
- Experience with Linux including writing Shell Scripts, Bash etc.
- Highly experienced with networking e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing and network diagnostic tools such as tcpdump, wireshark
- Familiar with Python, YAML, JSON
- Broad knowledge of Docker, Ansible, Terraform
- Security minded e.g. Network Scanners, SSL/TLS, GPG, Vault
- Experienced with monitoring and visualisation - prometheus, grafana
- Experience working in a data centre
- Deploying/operating and monitoring Openstack
- Experience with Cumulus Linux
- Experience with distributed storage - Ceph
- Knowledge of Golang
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Systems Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!