The Desktop and Web team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Windows, Mac, Linux and WebGL at Unity. With Cloud-enabled apps gaining in popularity in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of the team that will shape the future of 3D experiences in the Cloud.
Joining Unity's Desktop and Web team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape the future of 3D in the Cloud.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain and extend “Unity WebGL”, Unity’s Web-based platform
- Prepare Unity for next-gen Web-based frameworks (WebGPU)
- Help build 1.0 of Project CloudLab, Unity’s new platform for Web-based content authoring tools.
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements, but also enable developers to ship the best games and experiences possible for the Web
- Communicate with browser vendors such as Google, Mozilla, Apple and Microsoft to help keep Unity at the frontier of the Web’s ever-changing landscape
What we’re looking for
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Performance-minded development
You might also have
- Development experience with technologies such as LLVM, WebGL, Emscripten and/or WebAssembly
- Working knowledge of current Web Standards and browser compatibility
- OpenGL experience, C# development experience and/or experience using Unity’s engine and tools
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software developer Unity WebGL / WebGPU Platform position on WeChat