Unity is looking for an experienced Software Developer to be part of our Sustained Engineering (SE) team. This team is responsible for maintaining all released versions of Unity, working across every area of the engine. You are someone with a keen interest in software performance, developing systems that monitor performance, and working with other teams to improve the performance of Unity throughout the engine. In this role you will be making a key contribution by ensuring the performance of all released versions of Unity.
The SE team is both reactive – fixing problems and helping customers, and proactive – developing systems to monitor and improve the quality of the Unity codebase. SE is a mixture of skilled specialists and generalists, with a holistic knowledge of our codebase and the engineering talent to step in and help Unity customers fast.
- Design and implement strategies to test and report the performance of the Unity engine
- Liaise with teams across the entirety of Unity R&D to ensure the performance of the Unity engine
- Work with the Release Management team to certify that published versions of Unity meet the performance requirements
- Experience in commercial software development in C++ and C#
- Strong experience of real time systems and maintaining the performance of these systems
- Experience in software development in a distributed collaborative environment/part of a team working on large projects with large codebases
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – Fluency in English
- Experience investigating technical problems
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to organise multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience managing a small team
- Console or mobile programming experience
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Developer, Sustained Engineering position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!