Join Unity’s global Documentation team and help us take our award-winning docs to the next level for millions of Unity users worldwide. We’re looking for a talented student with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and a keen interest in developing world-class tools.
As part of Unity’s Engineering division, our growing Docs team works with colleagues across the world, from development teams, through to Support, Community, QA, Marketing, and User Experience. You’ll join a talented, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers, software developers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support an established community of developers and artists.
During this internship you'll be working on a project to support and develop our next generation documentation system, collaborating with a dedicated, globally distributed team to support, extend and improve our tooling for technical writers and developers across Unity worldwide.
This position is an 11 month paid internship, starting in summer 2020 and based in Brighton.
- Help develop frontend and backend code for a major service
- Help review code quality, behaviour and performance
- Help maintain, promote and document the system
- Help with business analysis, requirements gathering and planning
- You are currently studying at university looking for a placement year
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming and more complicated language features like events and lambda statements
- Experience developing software with Git and GitHub
- Comfortable researching new subjects, and a desire to learn and be challenged
- Understanding of web technologies and service architecture
- Knowledge and experience of .NET ecosystem
- Knowledge and experience of Web APIs and HTTP development
- Interest in developing skills such as product management and business analysis
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Developer Intern, Documentation Team position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!