Role descriptionThe opportunity
Are you ready to tackle ambitious problems? Unity Console Support is the bridge between consoles game developers and our development teams! Our customers require highly qualified developers to keep their projects on track, and they present us with a wide variety of problems which require agile thinking and creative coding skills.
In return, we are constantly learning about the latest features of Unity, and get to help nurture some of the most exciting console games in development today! We are looking for an experienced game developer (with Unity or other engines) to join our team in Vancouver. This is a permanent position based from a Vancouver office. Travel is not required, but opportunities may be available to attend conferences and visit customers.What you’ll be doing
- Provide timely, accurate and creative support and solutions for console games developers working with Unity on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
- Collaborate with team members to solve customer problems via our online ticketing system or another appropriate medium such as forum support
- Proactively maintain excellent relations between the console support team and many other departments within Unity
- Contribute to the Unity documentation and other resource materials
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with C# and C++
- Ability to learn new skills and areas of Unity
- Excellent English communication skills. Additional languages a bonus
- Experience coding, deploying, debugging and profiling games on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation or Xbox platforms
- Experience developing games, apps or simulations with Unity
- Game development experience, in a commercial production environment
- Knowledge of SCM software (Git, SVN, Mercurial, P4) and available external hosting platforms
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Developer, Developer Relations position on WeChat