The world’s leading game engine is looking for brilliant engineers for our Site Reliability Engineering organization. Unity customers don’t like service disruptions, and neither do we. Our mission is to manage production incidents... with technology. We build automation to measure, detect, and prevent production issues. When needed, we use experience and communication to work with other teams to resolve issues manually, and then make sure it doesn’t happen again!
The SRE team is globally distributed in three locations - Helsinki, Shanghai and Bellevue, WA - which enables us to work in Follow the Sun model. This role requires working full-time in a 4-day schedule (yay!) with specific hours. We hope you can also work on weekend days and public holidays based on a mutually agreed schedule with the team. It's better than it sounds!
- Manage large scale, cross-team production incidents when automation is insufficient
- Develop services for automatically detecting and eliminating service disruptions
- Participate in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and best practices
- Advocate for infrastructure improvements and best practices across Unity Engineering
- Experience managing production (cloud-based) infrastructure at scale
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure core components: storage, system and/or networking
- Proficiency with modern scripting languages, like Go and Python
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform and Salt
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with, or strong interest in, Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Contribution to open source projects and/or an interesting Github page
- Real world experience with Big Data technologies like Kafka and Spark
- Healthy obsession with metrics and measurement
- Composed urgency in stressful situations
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Site Reliability Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!