The world’s leading game engine is looking for brilliant engineers for our Site Reliability Engineering organization. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be helping to scale Unity’s infrastructure to be the greatest and largest gaming cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a premier engineering team to bring a high level of reliability, security and efficiency to Unity services. With a commitment to our customers, you will use your outstanding system engineering and development skills to provide Unity’s customers with the best possible service experience.
- You will help manage, troubleshoot and maintain automated systems across our compute estate whilst looking for manual systems to automate
- Resolve incidents across multiple globally-distributed teams
- Monitor high-uptime, low-latency services to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Diagnose and fix issues with our custom game scaling toolset
- Responsible for the setup, maintenance and running of our core API services
- Work closely with our engineering team to help deploy code to development and production environments
- You will be required to take part in an on-call rota (one week in four), which is shared between operations staff
- Strong understanding of infrastructure core components: Storage, system and/or Networking
- Strong understanding of at scale Networking designs, including Dynamic routing, switching, DNS and CDN technology.
- Understanding of network security and DDoS prevention
- Experience in devops, site reliability and/or infrastructure engineering in a quickly growing company using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Ceph, and Gluster
- Understanding of general large-scale distributed services and infrastructure, from network designs to overall system architecture
- Strong development experience, preferably around system configuration and management using frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer centric and empathetic approach to support, thrive in making our customers and users successful
- Ability to be a team mentor, lead by example, build trust and solid relationships
- Experience with cloud computing environments, ie. AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Advanced understanding of general infrastructure operation, and ability to drive a team to incident resolution, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, giving content creators around the world the tools to create rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. Our 800+ person engineering team keeps Unity at the bleeding-edge of technology by working alongside partners such as Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms.
Apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Site Reliability Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!