The Simulation department creates novel physically based solvers for artists to deliver a wide range of phenomena including water, combustion, hair, cloth, plants and more. Our friendly team of about 15 researchers and engineers span a wide range of diverse backgrounds including computer science, physics, mathematics, and artistic production. The Simulation team is remote-friendly with about half the team on-site in Wellington and half scattered around the world.The opportunity
- Work within a team of leading experts to develop pioneering simulation software for elements such as water, fire, fluids, muscle, cloth, hair and plants
- Collaborate closely with WetaFX artists to build best-in-class solvers for major film and TV productions
- Long term help us bridge the gap between photoreal offline visual effects simulation and intuitive interactive workflows
- Use your research background to ensure our tools are on the forefront of modern simulation capabilities
- Identify and adapt the latest research results into practical tools for artists to use in production
- Lead our advancement beyond the state of the art when current simulation research is not sufficient for production needs
- Implement core computational algorithms with a focus on high performance, multi-threading, distributed computing, large scalability and robustness
- Publish and participate in sharing novel contributions with the academic community
- Provide hands on user support. Find and fix bugs. Author high quality internal and end user documentation
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Physics, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Proven simulation research expertise for computer graphics, such as publications or significant work on industry simulation tools
- Solid understand of numerical techniques for solving PDEs and linear systems
- Extensive expertise in software engineering and C++ development
- Enthusiastic about building simulation tools for artists
You might also have (Formerly Bonus points)
- Experience using major artist tools, such as Maya or Houdini
- Experience applying machine learning techniques for simulation problems
- Experience in designing algorithms for MPI based applications
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Simulations Researcher position on WeChat