Role descriptionThe Opportunity
Are you a Simulation Engineer looking for a new challenge? Then we are looking for you!
The Simulation department creates novel physically based solvers for artists to deliver a wide range of phenomena including water, combustion, hair, cloth, plants and more. Our friendly team of about 15 researchers and engineers span a wide range of a diverse set of backgrounds including computer science, physics, mathematics, and artistic production. The Simulation team is remote-friendly with about half the team on-site in Wellington and half scattered around the world.What you’ll be doing
- Work within a team of leading experts to develop state-of-the-art simulation software for elements such as water, fire, fluids, muscle, cloth, hair and plants
- Collaborate closely with WetaFX artists to build best-in-class solvers for major film and TV productions
- Long term help us bridge the gap between photoreal offline visual effects simulation and intuitive interactive workflows
- Use your development background to build robust intuitive simulation tools artists love to use
- Develop tools to make innovative research in physics-based animation available for artists in their daily workflows
- Implement core computational algorithms with a focus on high performance, multi-threading, distributed computing, large scalability and robustness
- Provide hands on user support as artists use our solvers including guidance on setup, and debugging simulations
- Proactively improve the performance, robustness, and ease of use of our tools
- Maintain a strong awareness of the departmental pipeline and improve our internal development processes
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in Computer Graphics or VFX
- Extensive experience with C++
- Experience with artist tools and their SDKs, such as Houdini or Maya
- Enthusiastic about physics-based animation
- Comfortable setting up build systems, continuous integration, automated testing suites and other DevOps processes
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to simulation problems
- Experience designing algorithms for MPI-based applications
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Simulation Engineer, Weta position on WeChat