Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by her creativity to fulfill her vision! That is the world we at Unity strive to create and we need your help. Our Internal Productions team wants to prove that Unity empowers developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without the repetitious drudgery.
As a Workflow Tools Engineer on the Internal Productions team, you will help to realize and validate best practices for working with new and existing features in Unity, including artist-facing interactive tools, and engineer-facing APIs. You will work closely with a game team to create a best-in-class example of how Unity should be used. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them and empower millions of Unity game developers to craft incredible experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
- Work closely with feature developers to provide highly productive content authoring workflows in Unity
- Work creatively on a game title with a small team of developers and artists
- Build and maintain production quality code for rendering, tools, and testing
- Write user facing documentation for public facing workflows and APIs
- Familiarity with real-time computer graphics and GPU pipelines
- Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in C# or C++ and developing UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches
- Strong collaboration, communication and initiative skill
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks and work independently
- Experience in AAA game development as a tools developer, or gameplay developer
- Familiarity with low-level graphics APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/equivalent)
- Cross platform development experience
- Experience with data-driven design, and strong software architecture skills
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Tools Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.