You are a language or tools developer with a passion for creating great user experiences. You love being a part of the game industry and get joy from enabling creators to make amazing and innovative content. In this role you will use your expertise in building tools or domain specific modeling languages to shape the future of game design and development. You will be joining the Research Labs team composed of talented folks in search of new cutting-edge methods to author content and help storytellers.
You will be asked to come up with novel ways of connecting game design and development in a way that enables game designers to control the economy design all the way from the idea to actual implementation and live game. Your contribution ensures that our users are able to collect the right data from their game and feed that information back into the game's design by utilizing latest machine-learning technologies. In the end, we want our customers to create better experiences for their players.
- Design and build modeling languages and editors that empower game designers in ways never seen before
- Work closely with our customers and game designers to find new feature ideas and validate our approach
- Work as a part of a cross-discipline team to build rapid prototypes that you can transform quickly into production-ready features
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluent in C# or another statically typed language
- Knows how to translate user needs into product features
- Values the strengths of teamwork and is always eager to share and receive feedback
- Can navigate and self-organize their work in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in developing domain-specific languages and editors before
- A passion for gaming, game design or products within the gaming space
- A positive, can-do attitude that can be spread across our organization
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Tools Developer, Operate Labs position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.