Role descriptionThe opportunity
The Unity Extended Reality (XR) team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to empower our teams building the next generation of virtual and augmented reality creation tools. We are responsible for the features and workflows within the Unity Editor that allow XR creators to build once and deploy across many hardware platforms.
As an XR TPM, you will drive cross-functional projects and programs, working with leaders from engineering, product management, design, technical art, and other disciplines. You will also play a key role in building relationships and facilitating collaboration with multiple external partners. You will wear several hats: connector, mentor, reporter, translator, diplomat, and act as a force multiplier for the teams with whom you are collaborating. You should have a highly adaptable program management style, and dedication to cultivating a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust.What you’ll be doing
- Always be iterating on production processes and methodologies to improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility while being respectful of what came before.
- Lead by example with well facilitated meetings, clear agendas, and timely follow through on actions.
- Coordinate with engineering and product leadership to build and maintain a clear roadmap that balances feature development goals, partner commitments, and operational improvements.
- Use effective communication, tools, and program management strategies to ensure that goals are met, internal partners are informed, and teams are up-to-date with progress.
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go bold!
- Experience in software production/project management/program management, working across disciplines within an engineering organization to facilitate successful teams.
- Ability to gracefully handle change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Experience in establishing relationships, maintaining culture, and communicating optimally to a variety of audiences across different time zones
- Experience with facilitating team performance while guiding the team through ambiguity.
- Experience with building projects using the Unity engine
- Experience with extended reality content and a knowledge of the history and passion for the future of the domain.
- Literacy and demonstrable experience with Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall, and other development methodologies and using tools such as Jira, Fogbugz, Favro, Trello, and Confluence to implement them.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Program Manager, Extended Reality position on WeChat