Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content. We continue to empower creators across industries and around the world!
We are looking for a skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to drive operations and communications for our DOTS (Data Oriented Tech Stack) initiatives within R&D. In this role, you will work across multiple teams to deliver quality and excellence while improving and adapting development processes to enable teams to operate in an effective way. In doing this, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other program managers and partners in R&D, and across the business to drive alignment towards shared goals. We would like you to join us as we continue to grow an environment of collaboration, communication and predictability!
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Unity, you will wear several hats: connector, mentor, reporter, translator, diplomat, firefighter. We're looking for someone who will ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. Someone with a light-touch and adaptable program management style, and a dedication to cultivate a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Someone with demonstrable people skills, and an understanding and appreciation for working across different cultures as our R&D teams are distributed internationally.
What you'll be doing
- Improve the team’s ability to plan and deliver software without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Work with internal teams to build and maintain a clear roadmap of priorities and dependencies, even in times of ambiguity
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, to measure our effort’s health and progress against goals
- Enable cross-team collaboration across R&D and other business units to ensure teams' objectives are aligned with the DOTS initiative and Unity's at large
- Internalize and live our core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go BOLD.
What we're looking for
- Experience working as a team player willing to jump in and help, whilst also demonstrating the ability to work independently
- Experience in software production/project management/program management, working multi-functionally within an engineering organization to facilitate high-performing teams.
- Experience in establishing relationships, maintaining culture, and communicating effectively to a variety of audiences across different time zones
- Experience with facilitating team performance while managing through ambiguity.
- Ability to gracefully lead change in an organization, whilst understanding and accommodating existing habits
You might also have
- Knowledge of the multiplayer game development and real-time 3D space
- Experience with SaaS or online game development
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite products
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Program Manager position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.