As the Technical Program Manager, you will lead the delivery team responsible for solving problems and executing complex, multi-disciplinary solutions aligned with the product vision, goals and requirements. You’ll work with an agile software development team to translate prioritized features into actionable tasks and ensure work is balanced and progressing. You’ll manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate with stakeholders. You’ll also take point on identifying blocking issues and work through resolution while fluidly adapting priorities to ensure the team retains focus on the highest value work.Across all your responsibilities as Technical Program Manager, you will continuously improve, adapt, and align processes to enhance teams’ agility and delivery productivity. You will utilize varied techniques in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver features on time and meeting quality standards.
- Work with Product Owners to groom the prioritized backlog and translate into actionable roadmaps, delivery plans and executable work items for the program team with defined delivery schedules
- Act as a liaison with internal partner teams for requirement discussion and gathering and translate that into technical specs
- Work collaboratively with development team members to address all relevant implementation details involved in each solution or feature
- Seek to achieve continuous flow by ensuring the work is balanced and progressing, while eliminating roadblocks and meeting delivery commitments
- Lead and increase the value of planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives for software development
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems while driving continual improvement
- Promote and ensure adherence to secure coding, unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery best practices
- Coordinate releases across all products with Release Manager and Operations team members
- Work collaboratively with other teams to align work for the team as per the schedule
- Communicate status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email and direct communication with key stakeholders and executive leadership
- At least 3 years of technical program/project management experience, ideally in cloud and game service engineering or related field
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers
- Experience as a member of a high performing technical team working in a fast-paced enterprise software development environment while demonstrating a strong ability to prioritize multiple priorities and respond to urgent issues and/or changes in product priorities
- Superior attention to detail supported by excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of personnel
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects
- Must be delivery focused, with a strong willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Ability to lead virtual product team efforts, manage a mix of vendor and FTE resources, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions
- Previous global technical project management experience is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web and mobile software architecture
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize team delivery
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment
- Good problem-solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the development and deployment of complex enterprise solutions
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation/ training delivery experience
- Strong planning, scheduling, prioritization and organization skills
- Works effectively in a team and cross-team environment with both onsite and remote team members
- Game industry experience
- Cloud experience
- Advertising and/or marketing tech experience
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, giving content creators around the world the tools to create rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. Our 800+ person engineering team keeps Unity at the bleeding-edge of technology by working alongside partners such as Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms.
Apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Program Manager position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!