Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of the field of Artificial Intelligence!
We are developing a ground-breaking ML operations platform, one specialized in using the power of real time 3D to solve difficult problems in computer vision. Success for us looks like enabling a single ML developer customer to build a production-level computer vision model with a limited set of real world images. In order to achieve this objective, we must make significant investments in simulation and ML infrastructure and 3D simulation tools and content.
Your role on this team will focus on procedural content creation for our Computer Vision and Robotics toolset and services. Our customers are training computer vision systems using synthetic data created by Unity, and the top problem cited is access to trustable 3D content. Your goal will be to build procedural environments and projects that can be used across multiple customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop procedural systems in content creation tools and produce procedural environments in Unity
- Solve technical challenges related to procedural and parametric content generation
- Develop scalable content database solutions, automated asset conversion processes, asset validation checks, automated labeling and metadata generation for vast amounts of digital assets
- Game development (or equivalent visual effects fields) with multiple shipped titles, films, or applications
What we’re looking for:
- Expert-level experience with procedural artistry tools and systems
- Experience crafting environments and procedural systems for realtime 3D applications such as Unity, Unreal Engine
- Experience with scripting extensions in DCC or realtime engines
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, Game Design, Animation, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Key skills in Unity, C#, VFX, materials setup, scene generation, and lighting setup
You might also have:
- Experience in groups that have developed or made use of synthetic data for computer vision
- Experience with Perforce, git, and/or other source control software
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++ and OOP concepts.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Procedural Artist, AI@Unity position on WeChat