Role descriptionAs a Technical Artist you will work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will ensure our partners make the most beautiful games possible with advice and the creation of sample assets. You will work with many different teams so you should enjoy meeting new people, and be prepared to travel. The Technical Artist will be able to build jaw dropping visuals, and help drive that with our partners too. They should be comfortable giving aesthetic advice as well as technical advice on how to use our tools. This is an opportunity to stay current with the latest techniques by crafting your own sample content, and then educating our partners. What you’ll be doing
- Work with external team to build high end showcases for Unity
- Understand Unity art creation at a deep level, and provide advice as needed
- Know how to push graphical quality to the highest level, and never be satisfied with anything less
- Advise on how to improve current features, or suggest new ones
- Build sample assets for our partners or Unity customers in general
- Work closely with the Spotlight engineers to build new features or improve current ones
- Independently develop rendering effects according to the paper, For example, volume cloud, water, fluid, etc.
- 5-10 years game development experience with several titles shipped on PC or mobile
- Phenomenal communication skills and ability to work optimally on shared projects with engineers, designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines a plus
- Proficient in C# or scripting language
- Proficient in HLSL CG GLSL etc. one of the languages
- Understanding DCC tools. For example, Max Maya Zbrush
- Understanding PBR workflow
- Knowledge of game development engine
- Good graphics rendering experience
- Familiar with Houdini process, skilled in using Vex to make various HDA resources
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share the Senior Technical Artist position on WeChat