Unity Labs is at the industries' forefront of real time development and research. We are looking for a hardworking Senior Technical Artist to help craft artist tools and workflows in Unity that will take artists into the next frontier of creation. Your work will not only define tools and workflows at Unity, but also build new standards that will shape the industry. You will be working with high fidelity graphics (HDRP) and help bring outstanding levels of detail and richness in environments and characters that will set a new bar in real time graphics.
You will be part of a small cross-discipline team comprising of artists and engineers. The team is a highly talented, creative, experienced and technical group of individuals with a long history in video game development. Together through research, development and special creative projects you and the team will set a new visual standard inside unity and the industry for workflows and high quality graphics.
If you love exciting technical art challenges this is an outstanding position for you. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of real time development workflows and create ground breaking graphics!
What you'll be doing
- Script and develop artist facing tools for Unity
- Work along side experienced artists to build content samples of outstanding quality demonstrating the capability of our tools as well as pushing feature boundaries
- Contribute to documentation and user-facing tutorials
- Stay up to date with shading techniques, user feedback and solutions
- Taking industry leading research and turning it into real time common practices and useable workflows.
What we're looking for
- Has shipped at least 2 AAA games as a Technical Artist
- Professional experience working with Shaders and material authoring
- Broad experience of 3D asset creation pipeline from DCC to engine (modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, variants, integration, profiling and optimizations)
- Experience developing artist facing tools using scripting languages (C#, Python, MaxScript, etc)
- Good understanding of 3D graphics and rendering
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently in a team environment
You might also have
- Experience using Unity or real-time engines in areas related to rendering and graphics
- Excellent experience using graph based tools (visual scripting, Substance, Houdini, etc)
- Experience with writing custom shaders (HLSL, GLSL, etc)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Artist, Labs position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.