The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform. Our main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services that can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
Our customers include globally-known brands, and they need their art pipelines optimized, their visual targets met, and timely advice on how best to use Unity. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and curious, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include interacting with customers, researching and delivering the answers to their questions, developing solutions and examples, and striving to ensure that their projects succeed.
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and it’s usually conducted during weekdays.
What you’ll be doing
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools
- Develop and maintain art production workflows and pipelines by writing scripts and tools to aid artists in the creation of content
- Visit customers for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to improve their existing pipelines
- Produce and integrate assets such as particle systems, shaders and other VFX into our customers’ applications without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the platform
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
What we’re looking for
- Comprehensive knowledge of rendering fundamentals (i.e., modelling, unwrapping/texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, and pipeline tool development) and a deep understanding of technical art asset delivery suitable for real-time usage/application
- Experience in writing and optimizing shaders for real-time rendering and using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Max/Maya professionally
- Professional development experience in a team context using one or more interactive content engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house) and version control systems (e.g., Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Experience working with large art pipelines and writing scripts in language such as C# or Python in order to automate processes and conduct data validations.
- Able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
You might also have
- Experience in digital content creation using tools such as Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and ZBrush
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Art Consultant - Solution Games position on WeChat