Unity Technologies Solution Engineering team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help solve customer problems across multiple platforms. We want you to provide a deep technical understanding of Unity’s engine features and services to our customers and partners.
Your role will comprise connecting with customers, discovering pain points and issues, and helping the Business Development team in closing business opportunities.
Our customers create everything from small mobile projects to AAA console games and immersive multi-user VR experiences. You will have excellent scripting skills and a deep understanding of game development from working in the games industry. We are looking for a variety of work experience from programming games, scripting plugins/tools/extensions and Software Development.
What you’ll be doing
- Help solve customer problems across multiple platforms
- Build various solutions for our customers
- Encouraging a small team of outstanding technical individuals who can collaborate with Unity R&D & Unity Solutions teams to deliver critical technology components for our partners, and ensure they are coordinated into the core Unity Engine codebase.
- The solution may extend the Unity engine
- The solution may introduce a new feature into the Unity engine
- The solution may be on top of the Unity engine
- Travel to customers’ company and attend industry conferences
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Deep understanding of data structure, algorithm, and operating system
- Experience in profiling & performance optimization
- Experience in memory management
- Experience in developing with large codebase
- Experience working with a team of developers throughout a full software development cycle on a software, game engine editor or game title
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, math, or a related field
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual
- Possess a positive, can-do demeanor with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
You might also have
- Experience in game or game engine or graphics engine development
- Experience in 3D graphics algorithms
- Experience in network programming
- Proficiency in C++
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share the Senior Solutions Engineer position on WeChat