The AI@Unity Engine Performance team is looking for a dynamic Senior Software Engineer whose core objective is to build cross-platform, performance frameworks and libraries to support Unity’s verticals in auto, industrial and game development.
As a key member of the AI@Unity team, you will work with cutting edge tools and emerging technologies to create content, enable storytellers and advance AI.
- Develop integrations with applications, development frameworks, and libraries to support industry verticals in auto, industrial and film
- Collaborate with our platform teams (Mobile, Console, Desktop and Special Platforms) to investigate, review and update engine code
- Partner with platform teams and owners to coordinate feature development and ensure correct functionality across platforms
- Create and maintain tests to ensure quality
- Proactively identify areas for enhancement across the Unity Engine for cross-platform functionality excellence
- Mentor and build a strong engineering organization for AI @Unity
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive experience having shipped code into production.
- Developed using graphics APIs (OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX)
- Exceptional knowledge of C/C++, C#
- Cross-Platform expertise iOS, Android, Mac, Windows with experience debugging code on these platforms
- Multithreading experience
- Knowledge of Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
- Expertise creating one or more plug-ins for Unity successfully in the Asset Store
- Proficiency in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision
- Experience working on developer tools, APIs, performance-minded development and large codebases
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software GPU Engineer- Engine Performance, AI@Unity position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!