The Desktop and Web team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Windows, Mac, Linux and WebGL at Unity. With the revival of desktop gaming in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of one of the oldest and most loved gaming platforms of all time.
Joining Unity's Desktop and Web team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help shape some of the newest.
You have probably worked on performance-critical, cross-platform applications in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, portable and maintainable code. You may also be familiar with real-time, browser-based application development using technologies such as HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly or Emscripten. If you are looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers who are deploying Unity to the Web, we want to hear from you.
- Maintain and extend “Unity WebGL”, Unity’s Web-based platform
- Help build 1.0 of Project Tiny, Unity’s new DOTS runtime for instant games
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements
- Communicate with browser vendors such as Google, Mozilla, Apple and Microsoft to help keep Unity at the frontier of the Web’s ever-changing landscape
- Enable developers to ship the best games and experiences possible for the Web
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Development experience with technologies such as LLVM, WebGL, Emscripten and/or WebAssembly
- Working knowledge of current Web Standards and browser compatibility
- OpenGL experience
- C# development experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, WebGL position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!