The Unity Spotlight Team in Bellevue is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work closely with our internal Data-Oriented Design (DOTS) team and external customers. You will work closely with internal and external teams to create amazing games that will demonstrate the power and performance of DOTS to the industry. You will work with many different teams so you should enjoy meeting new people. This is a great opportunity to work with cutting-edge Unity DOTS technology and contribute to high-quality projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
You would be working on a brand-new, highly modularized architecture based around data-oriented design principles where scalability lives alongside performance. Areas of focus would include core runtime features, asset optimization, editor UI and workflows. Your game design experience will be leveraged as you work in embedded and remote teams with external game developers. You would have an opportunity to work on compression technology, compiler optimizations, data design and other technology innovations to drive game experiences and tools development at Unity.
You have experienced the practical challenges of developing and shipping games. You have ideas and opinions on how features such as rendering, physics, UI, multiplayer networking, or animation should be designed and implemented, but you’re willing to work with others to build consensus around your designs. You want the opportunity to experiment and implement these ideas and guide the implementation of these new Unity features in AAA games worldwide.
You will collaborate with the core Unity engineering team in our global offices as well as with external development studios. You will write C++ in the Unity engine, C# in the scripting layer, and use a handful of additional technologies that come with the platforms that we support — such as PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Web, and Consoles.
- Democratize data oriented programming in the Unity game engine
- Develop tools, real time editing and perform engine programming
- Work closely with external teams to understand the challenges they face with the new DOTS features and create solutions for them
- Create new solutions that are oriented around customer needs and work with internal development teams to implement these solutions in the Unity engine and packages
- Write code in C++ in the Unity Engine and C# in Scripting layer
- Organize cross department/group teams to successfully solve internal and customer problems
- Degree in computer science, game development, engineering or equivalent experience
- Low-level skills such as SPU / DMA / shader / assembly language knowledge
- Strong knowledge of math and computational complexity
- Cross programming experience in games or middleware development at a senior/lead level
- AAA game development experience with multiple titles shipped on PC and/or Console
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Spotlight position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.