Role descriptionThe opportunity
SpeedTree is an award-winning system for modeling and animating vegetation in games, film/VFX, and many other industries. Our innovative technology allows creators of every background, from amateur creators to AAA game studios and Hollywood VFX houses, to bring their worlds to life with realistic trees, bushes, and grass. SpeedTree is now part of Unity and is looking to bring high-quality naturalistic rendering to an even broader audience. SpeedTree offers a tight-knit, collaborative environment where your voice will be heard.
As the newest software engineer on the team, you'll have the opportunity to learn from the original SpeedTree developers, extending our tools and plug-in pipeline into a myriad of Digital Content Creation (DCC) applications, renderers, and real-time engines. If you care about being part of a growing, tight-knit, inclusive team that is passionate about their work, then we want to talk to you!
Check out this video to see speedtree in action. Pretty cool!What you’ll be doing
- Improving upon our suite of SpeedTree applications and tools
- Taking ownership of our DCC plug-in collection for importing SpeedTree meshes and materials, targeting specific renderers like V-Ray, Arnold, and Redshift
- Integrating SpeedTree Engine (our headless procedural generator) into third-party applications
- Bringing cloud interactivity to our extensive asset library
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ and Python, or the equivalent
- Solid understanding of real-time rendering concepts and 3D pipelines
- Production knowledge of a DCC application; examples include Maya, Houdini, and Blender
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, and/or rendering in current consoles
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Familiarity with the SpeedTree toolset and pipeline
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Speedtree position on WeChat