Role descriptionThe opportunity
You will join Unity's Site Reliability Engineering team, who is responsible on defining and further developing tools and processes around reliability and resiliency. Our goal is to accelerate the success of developers at Unity in delivering high value products that our customers love (Easier, Faster, Safer).
SRE teams at Unity are geographically distributed between AMER, EMEA and APAC. Within EMEA the team is spread between Helsinki, Vilnius and Edinburgh.
We are highly passionate about helping teams to learn from each others findings, and you will help us to get people be more proactive when it comes to identifying issues within their services, architecture and design.
You will also help others around you to grow by mentoring and influence even wider audience by hosting workshops and trainings throughout the all of Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing services and tools for automatically detecting, eliminating and preventing service disruptions
- Participate in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and standard methodologies
- Training and mentoring development teams on SRE focus areas
What we’re looking for
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with languages like Go or Python
- Experience running production (cloud-based) infrastructure at scale
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform and Salt
- Experience with, or strong interest in, Docker and Kubernetes
You might also have
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment systems
- Contribution to open source projects and/or an exciting Github page
- Healthy obsession with metrics and measurement
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.