Unity is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of our international Release Engineering Quality Assurance team. The team is focused on the quality in the latter stages of development for all supported versions of the Unity editor.
In this role you will partner with the team-lead to own the creation, manual execution and maintenance of all testing activities. Your extensive technical skills combined with your ability to lead by example will enable you to have a great impact as a key member of the team.
If you have a genuine passion for quality, a wide experience in software quality assurance and a background in software delivery we want to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
- Help the QA team to design and implement test procedures and oversee the QA process
- Create and develop focused, comprehensive, well-structured test plans
- Prioritize and execute against test plans to verify the quality of new Unity editor releases and highlight any risk
- Implement Quality Assurance reports
- Partner with remote development teams across the business to explore and understand new and existing Unity features.
- Mentor QA team members to grow their skill sets and foster a quality-first culture
- Proactively work with QA team members to resolve issues and meet release goals
- Innovate, influence and assist the team with constant process improvements
What we're looking for
- Experience and strong understanding of all aspects of Unity3D software
- Extensive experience using QA and development tools such as Jira/Confluence, TestRail, Jenkins and GitHub
- Excellent communication skills. You should be comfortable working within an international team and will need to be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Strong analytical skills, creative and critical thinking ability and problem solving problems
- A talent for presenting sophisticated information in a way that is easy to understand
You might also have
- Experience of one or more of the following technologies: Unreal; any 3D Engine; or any programming language
- Background in Games development, automotive or film production
- An understanding of data analytics (Google Data Studio, SQL, etc)
- Experience with platform development (XR, Mobile or console applications)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Release QA position on WeChat