Role descriptionThe opportunity
We are Accelerate Solutions, an innovative team building custom software for a wide range of clients! Our professional services team works across multiple platforms incorporating groundbreaking technologies like XR, robotics, machine learning and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including games, automotive, retail, manufacturing and entertainment.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer, with a breadth of experience to focus on all aspects of Quality Engineering. You will dive into diverse projects, applying your many years of experience towards architecting and implementing test automation systems, improving the quality of our solutions and development practices.
What you’ll be doing
- Technical leadership of a quality team to design, build, deploy and maintain easy-to-use, high-quality testing apparatus, including both unit and automated integration tests, all powered by a CI/CD system, to enable the rapid development of high-quality applications.
- Improve the quality of our solutions by implementing improvements to the team’s development environment, workflow, pipelines, and overall quality culture.
- Breakdown problems using deliberate planning, task estimation and effective time management, reviewing the plans, estimates, and code of other developers.
- Work closely with quality engineers, quality analysts and devops to analyze code and bugs to determine their source and create improvements and tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur.
- Research and leverage existing quality tooling provided through Unity frameworks, extending with custom solutions where needed to meet project-specific testing requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Professional experience building automated or unit tests including knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom.
- Comfortable building tools using a variety of programming languages, passion for driving quality via both deliverable solutions, as well as fostering of high standards in code design and implementation.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code and reusable code.
- Ability to work with Unity based applications and web based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment, guiding and mentoring a team of quality developers
You might also have
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Github Workflows/Actions or Gitlab CI etc.
- Experience developing automated testing for Unity based applications.
- Development experience with C# or Unity.
- Experience in a senior quality engineering, or quality management role
- Experience developing automated testing using a device farm or device cloud.
- Experience in game development, particularly AAA titles for console/desktop platforms
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Quality position on WeChat