Our mission in the platforms team is to make Unity the best engine choice for developers on every device, and we love to work together with Unity developers to make their games even more incredible!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our small but skillful team in Stratford-upon-Avon. You’ll be a trusted part of the group, working on significant improvements and cutting edge features for Unity on consoles, specifically for the PlayStation platforms.
Unity is used in a huge and diverse range of console games across all genres. You will have the opportunity to develop and influence technology used by console developers in studios all over the world. You’ll also be given the time and support to grow your knowledge in technical areas you’re interested in.
You’ll work with us in a couple of converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors. Our office environment is informal, relaxed and frequently full of cake. With your help, titles built with Unity will continue to be some of the best games on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and more.
What you’ll be doing
- Validate existing and new features in upcoming versions of Unity
- Maintain and improve existing systems around performance, testability and stability
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Stay up to date on the latest development practices for both Unity and PlayStation
- Contribute to the continued professional growth of the team
What we’re looking for
- Experience in writing and maintaining a test strategy
- Console or mobile platform development experience in games or middleware
- Experience developing with Unity and C#
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and organisational skills
- Users-first and empathetic approach to supporting our customers and users
You might also have
- Prior experience developing for PlayStation platforms
- Time spent in a lead or mentorship position
- Experience developing in CI and a writing test automation
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Quality position on WeChat