Unity is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of our international Release Engineering Quality Assurance team. The team is focused on the quality in the latter stages of development for all supported versions of the Unity editor.
In this role you will partner with the team-lead to own the creation, manual execution and maintenance of all testing activities. Your extensive technical skills combined with your ability to lead by example will enable you to have a great impact as a key member of the team.
If you have a genuine passion for quality, a wide experience in software quality assurance and a background in software delivery we want to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
- Set up and maintain testing environments, utilize automated test scripts to perform duties, perform peer automated test reviews to identify improvements to test plans
- Develop and present architectural goals and agency vision around testing automation best practices to all levels of Information System Development and provide written and verbal consultation to Information System Development leadership and senior management around test automation best practices, needs, and costs
- Develop and operate testing environments, including environment design, test workflow, and provide test metrics reports
- Partner with remote development teams across the business to explore and understand new and existing Unity features
- Mentor QA team members to grow their skill sets and foster a quality-first culture
What we're looking for
- Excellent communication skills. You should be comfortable working within an international team and will need to be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Experience and strong understanding of all aspects of Unity3D software
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills. You should be able to write technical material in a way that non-technical people can understand it
- Familiarity with automated test scripts and tools such as Unity Test Runner, NUnit, C#, PowerShell, Selenium, JUnit, Load and Performance testing
- Extensive experience using QA and development tools such as Jira/Confluence, TestRail, Jenkins and GitHub
You might also have
- Experience of one or more of the following technologies: Unreal; any 3D Engine; or any programming language
- Background in Games development, automotive or film production
- An understanding of data analytics (Google Data studio, SQL, etc)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Quality position on WeChat