At Unity, we’re looking for people to join our multi-discipline development teams to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll help teach us how to continuously build quality into our software development.
We view quality as more than testing, bug-finding and rework. Here, quality is a mindset, where no one passes on poor quality to the next person or process. It’s a continuous journey and one we’d like help with.
You’ll be based in our Copenhagen R & D team, working with us on initiatives centred around DOTS.
We’re moving away from object-oriented programming and rebuilding the core foundation of Unity with the high-performance multi-threaded Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS).
Your software engineering skills combined with your ability to deftly switch between hands-on development, test solutions, and delivering customer value, will enable you to drive the development of our engineering and quality initiatives internally.
- Assisting in technical design as well as hands-on implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide and influence tough technical agreements
- A deep understanding of the quality and maintainability of the code-base
- Collaboration and alignment with cross-disciplinary teams
- A comprehensive understanding of developing and implementing automation strategies
- Supporting development peers with deeper technical investigations on issues
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience (programming)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Demonstrable experience tackling serious engineering challenges
- Experience working with remote/international teams
- Strengths in both C++ and C#
- Experience leading and collaborating with numerous disciplines to guide quality ownership across the software development life cycle
- Experience supporting multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, and Mac etc.
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Quality position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!