Unity's Professional Services team is looking for developers to share their game industry experience and technical expertise to help elevate our customer projects to the next level of fidelity and performance.
You will collaborate directly with our customers’ technical leaders to analyze their projects and workflows, educate them on best practices, providing guidance and examples. Learn and partner with other industry veterans to work on critical performance-sensitive components that demonstrate Unity best practices. Our customers span across multiple verticals, and range from small, independent studios to globally-recognized brands.
In addition, we’ll rely on your direct feedback working with our top partners to help shape the road map for future versions of the Unity Engine.
If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and an excellent communicator, this job is for you.
- Conduct on-site performance reviews to isolate and resolve performance bottlenecks to reach target resolution / FPS goals
- Deliver high-quality code components that will demonstrate Unity Engine best practices
- Partner with industry-leading developers and technical artists to engineer solutions on next-generation console hardware
- Analyze the Unity Engine source code to keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date
- Champion developer feedback to shape future versions of the Unity Engine
- Experience developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g., Unity, Unreal Engine, or in-house)
- Familiarity with PIX, Razor, Instruments, Nsight or other performance profilers
- Strong understanding of 3D math, and working knowledge of the 3D rendering pipeline, as it pertains to computer graphics
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly
- Ability to travel, up to 15%
- Fluency in different shader languages (e.g., HLSL or GLSL)
- Have delivered talks or presentations at conferences
- Experience using Unity in a shipped game or commercial project
- Experience working in Developer Relations or other technical customer-facing roles
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Professional Services position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.