At Unity, we are reinventing how immersive experiences are developed, launched, operated, and scaled to hundreds and thousands of simultaneously connected users. In Multiplayer Suite, we proudly provide online solutions for social, player-safety, lobby, relay, voice, matchmaking, and hybrid multi-cloud game server hosting for some of the world’s biggest games. Our teams focus on building distributed, highly scalable, realtime services that enable creators to expertly craft, launch, and operate new and engaging online experiences. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and enabling creators to build living experiences for their users.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Persistent Worlds team. You’re someone who shares our passion for building scalable services that impact millions of people across all industries and walks of life. As a key member of this newly formed team, your role will include developing and growing services and features in the next generation of core Multiplayer Suite products. We are breaking new ground in bringing powerful, enterprise-grade multiplayer capabilities to every creator. Some call it MMO. Others call it Metaverse. We call it the future of how we live, work, and play online!
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop new product features, services, and improve existing functionality
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and technical guidance to team members
What we’re looking for
- Prior software development experience using Golang, C#, or similar
- Ability to design and reason about service interactions across distributed systems, including communication patterns, database technologies, reliability, versioning strategies, technical tradeoffs, and protocols
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team and stakeholders
- Experience working with databases and building platform services, eventually consistent service patterns, and/or event-driven architectures
You might also have
- Experience developing multiplayer game services or GIS related services
- Experience with real-time databases and stream processing
- An understanding of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Nomad. Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/Kanban/XP)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer - Persistent Worlds position on WeChat