Using our industry-leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence.
We are building a set of tools and services to solve one of the hardest challenges in machine learning - generating synthetic data for training perception systems. Our work extends beyond traditional camera perception and includes stereoscopic cameras, lidars, and will have a ripple effect across the field of Artificial Intelligence, changing the way simulators and image data are used across the industry!
Your role on this team will focus on the output and ground truth systems of our simulations. You will be a technical leader in our toolchain for generating output data, including sensor output, labeled data frames, and metadata to ensure that data generated by Unity enables sim2real transfer learning for AI systems. If you’re an exceptional engineer who is passionate about perception sensors, graphics, 3D content, and machine learning, this is absolutely the right place for you!
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in C#, C++, and HLSL.
- Collaborate with other engineers across many specialties such as graphics, cloud, and machine learning to develop and execute on technical roadmaps
- Own and operate the components and systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
- Lead cross-team initiatives in planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement in an agile development environment
- Experience shipping multiple product software releases involving large projects with multiple engineers, from development to release, and through iteration
- Extensive experience in graphics programming with a focus on low-level performance optimization
- Solid skills in a high-level language like C#, C++, Java or Go
- Experience with game engine development, 3D simulators, game development, CAD/DCC programs, and/or graphics programming
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience with sensor implementations
- Significant experience with content development tools such as Maya, Substance Designer, etc.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems or machine learning frameworks
- Significant contributions to open-source software
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Graphics, AI@Unity position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!