Unity is recruiting an experienced Solutions Engineer to partner with our Americas business development team to drive new partnerships within our Media & Entertainment division. As a key member of the Americas business development team, you will be on the front lines with our key customers to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our highest-profile customer productions and collaborate with Unity engineering teams to advocate for the customer.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them. We look for people that can approach any challenge with diplomacy, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in developing real time cinematic storytelling, AR, VR, and c# development skills within Unity. Your role will involve meeting clients, providing support, and giving technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role is located at our headquarters in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build relationships with technical decision makers, positioning Unity as the key thought leader in the Media & Entertainment divisions, thus becoming the trusted advisor
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Unity product portfolio (Unity, Services, Source Code, etc.) for cinematic storytelling and XR experiences
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning to or already using Unity and design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team
- Support business development partners with technical consultations pre and post sale, plus actively seek field based innovations that will take our customers projects to the next level
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineer or field engineering role
- Experience using Unity or other development engine in either a production or solutions capacity with solid C# skills
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with commonly used 3D creation tools (e.g. Houdini, Maya) as well as VR/AR/XR development experience
You Might Also Have
- Working knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of animation production pipelines
- Understanding of common offline renderers and/or shading languages
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Solutions Engineer, M&E position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.