We are looking for a multi-skilled engineer with a track record of producing high-quality solutions at scale to join the Linux and Streaming Platform team. We are a small and agile group focused on building the platform specific foundation of the Unity game engine and editor.
Join the Unity to help build one of the most popular game engines in the world, and have an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market while you help shape some of the newest! We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we strive to enable them to be successful building cross-platform content.
If you are thrilled by the idea that your work will be in the hands of millions of developers who use Unity, you have come to the right place!
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate across Unity R&D on core engine and editor improvements related to the advancement of Linux and Streaming platform development.
- Produce high-quality software that scales to solve the needs of a wide range of customer projects.
- Surface platform specific features to enable Unity developers to be successful cross-platform. This includes features that are unique to streaming game services.
- Maintain or extend compiler/build systems to match platform SDK updates.
What we’re looking for
- Comprehensive System level C/C++ skills (using platform APIs)
- A consistent track record of building and owning software solutions or services.
- Cross-platform programming experience: desktop, mobile or console.
- Performance-minded development with experience diagnosing and debugging complex issues
You might also have
- Experience developing with the Unity Engine, or other large scale middleware application frameworks.
- An understanding of streaming game services.
- Solid .NET/C# development expertise
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Linux/Streaming Platform position on WeChat