Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. We are investing heavily in these areas in order to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is. By joining the Lightweight XR team, you will contribute to the development of next-generation AR technologies that go beyond what is possible with AR today. You will be directly involved with both forward-looking internal development and with partners in order to craft this exciting new space.
We're looking for a front-end developer to help us build a first-class authoring environment for XR. Experience building user interfaces with Unity's UI Toolkit or IMGUI strongly desired, but we're happy to talk if you have strong tool building experience using other technologies. We want to help people realize the XR future of their dreams, and you would be helping design and build the tools that they will use. If you are passionate about building tools and the XR space, Unity should be the next stop in your career!
What you’ll be doing
- Working individually or within a small group to design and develop authoring tools for lightweight XR
- Collaborating with other teams within R&D to help bring cohesive and user friendly experiences to developers
- Daily writing of fast, maintainable code C# built on top of the Unity Editor foundation
- Working with UX design to refine and realize a long term design vision
- Writing automated tests around new or existing functionality; partnering closely with embedded QA to establish standard methodologies, investigation of issues, and quality of code written
What we’re looking for
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience and software development experience
- Advanced C# development experience
- Extensive experience with one or more large-scale UI development toolkit, preferably Unity's IMGUI or UI Toolkit
- Excitement about AR and the possibilities in that space and a passion for creating lovable, delightful user experiences
- Performance-minded development and cross platform development experience
You might also have
- Experience creating Unity editor extensions/plugins
- Experience building AR/VR apps/games
- Developing multi-user connected tools (e.g. shared whiteboards or similar)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Lightweight XR, Editor UI position on WeChat