Unity Technologies is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (Graphics) to join our team.
Unity Technologies offers a highly technical and product driven work environment, where amazing people from all over the world are entrusted to find smart solutions for hard problems. We are light on process and dedicated to quality. We prefer enthusiasm and personal initiative over management and control. We use continuous integration and our long term goal is to implement continuous deployment. For this to happen, we seek to have utmost confidence in our engineering pipeline, from development to build - to test - to deployment. With a focus on graphics testing, you will be engaged in any activity required to optimize this pipeline and will be implementing the tools and tests needed to make this happen.
Unity is a developer tool and has open APIs to almost anything available in the editor and runtime, which means the testability of the product is fantastic. We have frameworks on several levels, ranging from low level unit tests to high level integration tests and regression rigs based on screenshots and gameplay. If you have a passion for quality and challenges, working on the Unity product will be a huge satisfaction; with a focus on graphics you will have opportunities to assist and contribute to the success of amazing looking projects and making tools and tests to enable our internal teams and customers to deliver amazing work.
This is one of the two roles open within the Graphics Foundation team.
- Lead and mentor an international highly collaborative team of developers
- You will be responsible for building tools and frameworks for graphics testing
- You will create automation workflows that can be run in a continuous integration system that the graphics team will depend on
- You will ensure the highest possible quality and productivity on feature development by empowering developers to use the latest test automation tools and frameworks
- You will evangelise good engineering practices in the team and ensure tooling surrounding quality are just as important as the product itself
- Through your work you will Inspire and help develop more new team members
- You are highly skilled in C# and Python
- You have previously worked on automation or tools for a product, or you have been working as a developer evangelizing TDD and unit testing to your team
- You can create test frameworks, workflow tooling, with a strong understanding of “the dependency problem” across people, systems, and APIs
- You have a consistent track record of shipping large, complex software projects
- You have excellent debugging and problem solving skills, and a detail-oriented approach to work
- Domain experience with graphics programming (DirectX, Vulkan, etc.)
- You know the entire development process, you crave knowledge and you are passionate about making things work with optimal quality
- Advanced test techniques is something you know already about or wish to learn through vigorous self-study
- Experience with game engines
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Software Engineer, Graphics Test Frameworks position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.