Unity’s Engineering Productivity team helps developers across the entire company quickly build high-quality systems that in turn help game developers around the world create great interactive experiences.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer for this team, which supports the development pipeline within all of Unity. You will design, review, and implement software solutions for critical parts of our infrastructure ecosystem. You will partner closely with multiple stakeholders to support new features and manage capacity and uptime. You'll also be driving opportunities for new technologies, cost savings, and operational transparency. System reliability and efficiency should be top of mind. You'll achieve this by implementing better monitoring for fault detection and performance degradation throughout our entire infrastructure.
- Work on deployment pipeline including but not limited to GitLab, artifactory, terraform, and Salt
- Develop software and systems to increase engineering software quality and velocity
- Optimize existing deployment infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure system uptime
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Proficient in imperative programming languages such as but not limited to Golang and Python
- Experience building reliable distributed systems
- Preference for simplicity and quality when delivering software
- Knowledge of containers technology, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic networking concepts
- Some Platform as a Service (PaaS) exposure
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Empowerment position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!