Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of the field of Artificial Intelligence.
We are developing a ground-breaking ML operations platform, one specialized in demonstrating the power of real time 3D to solve difficult problems in computer vision! Success for us looks like enabling a single ML developer customer to build a production-level computer vision model with a limited set of real world images. In order to achieve this objective, we must make significant investments in simulation and ML infrastructure and 3D simulation tools and content.
In this role you will advance our CV roadmap through the creation of ML models based on our products and drive development of the product to optimize for these use cases. You are an engineer who’s passionate about machine learning in general, but also excited about the role our Unity realtime 3D engine and distributed services can play to advance the field of Computer Vision. Our product vision is being developed as we learn from our customers, and you will help us turn our goals into a product reality, win customer mindshare, and turn Unity into a leader in the Computer Vision industry!
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build highly available, secure, microservices in container based architectures for ML pipelines
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
- Lead junior engineers with technical decisions to deploy software to the cloud and integrate them with new or existing services
- Take part in cross-team technical discussions, investigate complex problems, research and collaborate on solutions
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and operating large scale cloud native systems with a focus on shipping quality software products and services
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Track record of designing robust APIs, writing clean code, doing peer code reviews
- Experience with modern CI/CD and testing frameworks
- A phenomenal listener, collaborator, communicator, and mentor
You May Also Have
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or an equivalent technical field
- Experience working with or building data platforms and ML training pipelines, docker.
- Experience in groups(including open source) that have developed or made use of synthetic data for computer vision, speech, NLP, or other use cases
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision, AI@Unity position on WeChat