Unity is accelerating the development of artist tools! With products such as Wētā Digital Tools, Ziva Dynamics and SpeedTree, will make the entire process of building 3D graphics, content and experiences more intuitive and accessible to creators!
Join us to help democratize the most powerful tools of the industry and make them accessible to a wide range of users. Does that sound exciting?
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Art Tools team at Unity, you will be involved in the research, design, and development of our professional artist tools. This position will integrate multiple existing products together to offer a complete, intuitive and cohesive creator experience in the cloud.
Your team will focus on bringing our best-in-class creation tools to a wider audience, by improving their interoperability and making their user interface straightforward yet preserving their creativity potential.
What you’ll be doing
- Bring the best artist tools into the cloud and design workflows that work for all creators
- Directly contribute to the code and the architectural roadmap, and promote high engineering standards
- Refactor legacy code into powerful and extensible APIs
- Ensure quality by investigating reported issues and writing automated tests around new or existing functionality
- Champion engineering principles and methodologies
What we’re looking for
- Software development experience with C++, Python, data structures, algorithms and engineering principles
- Experience programming plugins for DCC applications such as Maya or Blender
- Track record of designing robust APIs and libraries and writing clean code
- Experience refactoring existing code allowing it to be more extensible
- Experience with testing frameworks and modern CI/CD systems
You might also have
- Experience with Universal Scene Description
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Understanding of computer graphics and the underlying math
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer - Art Tools position on WeChat