Role descriptionThe Opportunity
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test on the Spotlight team you will work closely with top game developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will partner with Unity Spotlight programmers and partners to ensure all features reach the desired level of functionality, stability, and usability. This is a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to big AAA projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
Automated testing is crucial at Unity so you should bring a passion for writing tests and test frameworks. You should be comfortable implementing tests in both C++ and C#.What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house
- Provide feedback about the state of features in Unity in order to support development and inform development decisions
- Provide feedback on the usability of new features
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Strong testing experience and a proven understanding of test automation
- Extensive experience as a dedicated software test engineer
- Proven record of shipping large, sophisticated software projects
- Strong experience with C++ language, familiar with C#
- Prior experience in game development ideally in Unity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive demeanor
- Excellent debugging, problem solving skills and detail-oriented approach
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using elite technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to encouraging an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Spotlight position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.