The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very ambitious technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
Your day-to-day work will include profiling and optimizing systems either in or surrounding the Unity Games, interacting with customers, analyzing the Unity Engine source code, and keeping your skills and knowledge up to date. Short-term success is helping Unity developers profile and optimize game projects.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers and colleagues, and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams!
This is a rewarding role where you will see a diverse range of projects made in the Unity game engine and grow as an expert consultant. We help hundreds of games each year use best practices in Unity!
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within North America. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with customers on a regular basis for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to resolve their performance issues and improve their existing workflows, including on-site and remote visits
- Become embedded with external customer teams to consult on games in long term engagements
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
What we’re looking for
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise to help our customers
You might also have
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Deep graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Development Consultant, Solutions Games Consulting position on WeChat