Unity's Accelerate Solutions Multiplayer team is looking for a friendly Software Development Consultant who enjoys sharing their expertise with our customers, by assisting them in building innovative multiplayer experiences in our Engine. By partnering our Accelerate Solutions Games team and Netcode teams, you'll enable our team to offer assistance and advice to anyone wanting to build online games and products.
As a member of a growing team, you’ll contribute to the operating processes and culture. You will be part of the broader Accelerate Solutions organization and oriented towards collaborating with customers on their projects, and ensuring their success.
This is a full time opportunity currently supported by our WFH support program!
What you’ll be doing
- Writing code, consulting on technical architecture, and building multiplayer features in Unity.
- Providing advice on standard methodologies for application performance.
- Working with Unity's Netcode team to bring real-world experience, customer feedback, and innovative solutions back to the Unity Engine.
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues in facilitating knowledge sharing with our growing team!
What we’re looking for
- Experience working on multiplayer games.
- Familiarity with profiling tools and performance analysis.
- You can program software in C# or C++.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and are able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge.
You might also have
- Technical writing experience.
- Familiarly with online game services, network security, or DevOps.
- Development experience with mobile devices or gaming consoles.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Development Consultant, Multiplayer position on WeChat