Are you people-minded and interested in collaborating with Unity's clients on their projects, ensuring their success?
Unity's Accelerate Solutions Multiplayer (formerly Multiplayer Professional Services) team is looking for an outgoing Software Development Consultant who enjoys sharing their expertise with our customers, by assisting them in building innovative multiplayer experiences in our Engine. By partnering our Netcode team and Accelerate Solutions Games teams, you'll ensure that our team is able to offer assistance and advice to anyone wanting to build online games and products.
As a member of a growing team, you’ll contribute to the operating processes and culture of that team. Your team will be part of the broader Accelerate Solutions organization and will be oriented towards collaborating with customers on their projects, you'll ensure that your customers are successful.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing code, consulting on technical architecture, and building on multiplayer titles in Unity
- Providing advice on standard methodologies for application performance
- Collaborating with Unity’s Netcode team to bring real-world experience, customer feedback, and innovative solutions back to the Unity Engine
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues in facilitating knowledge sharing with our growing team!
What we’re looking for
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Familiarity with profiling tools and performance analysis
- You can program software in C# for the Unity Engine and have the ability to read C++ source code
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and are able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time when safe to do so
You might also have
- Technical writing experience
- Familiarly with online game services, network security, or DevOps
- Development experience with mobile devices or gaming consoles
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Development Consultant, Multiplayer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.