Role descriptionThe opportunity
Weta Digital Software Engineering Department is looking for a Software Developer to join our team.
The Software Engineering Department creates, develops, and maintains tools for the pipeline, procedural modelling, and dressing, real-time rendering, 2D imaging, animation, and VR. We aim to keep the quality of Weta Digital’s products to the highest level also ensuring quantity and continuity in the production pipeline, easing users' workflows, and speeding up processes. As a software developer, you will support a diverse range of areas in the Software Engineering Department.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with core team members develop and support features that artists use daily
- Debugging, implementing and supporting features
- Work within existing code base to support APIs that other developers in the company are constantly using
- Learn and use Weta Digital’s proprietary renderers and scene manager APIs to extend and support features in a large variety of plugins that modellers, animators, lighters, compositors use in their workflow
- Plan and manage tasks for daily work load
What we’re looking for
- Considerable experience with DCC APIs such as Maya and/or Renderman and/or Motionbuilder
- Good knowledge of C++ and Python, and experience in developing reliable, maintainable, high-performance code, as well as parallel programming
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop a productive relationship with users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You might also have
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra
- Experience with any of the following: OpenGL, CUDA, OpenCL
- Experience in Qt development, and previous work in the visual effects and/or games industry
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Developer position on WeChat